The week of Thanksgiving consists of some of the busiest travel days of the year. Unfortunately, more frequent travel results in an increased chance of accident. Whether you are flying, riding or driving to your holiday destination, we want you to be safe.
The auto club projects that nearly 51 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home during the five-day period from Wednesday through Sunday, with 89 percent driving. Around the holidays, many car accidents in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas involve alcohol and illegal substances. We certainly advise you to take every precaution, especially if you are driving late at night. You cannot control other drivers on the road, who may be irresponsible or unsafe, so it’s particularly important to remain alert and attentive at all times this holiday season.
Here are 5 tips for driving safety during the holiday weekend in South Florida:
- Always wear your seat belt and drive within the speed limit.
- Never drink and drive and do not get in the car with a driver who has been drinking.
- Give your complete attention to the task at hand. If you are driving, consider leaving your cellphone rucked away in a glove box or purse to avoid distractions.
- If you see emergency vehicles stopped on the shoulder or pass through an area with construction, use caution and drive at a significantly reduced speed.
- Test your vehicles lights, brakes and windshield wipers. Make sure your windows are clean and provide an unobstructed view in all directions.
The team at Abramowitz, Pomerantz & Morehead, P.A. would like to wish you a very happy, safe holiday season! For more than 25 years the experienced lawyers of Abramowitz, Pomerantz & Morehead, P.A. have been helping victims who have been seriously injured or killed due to the actions or negligence of an individual, business, insurance company or other entity.
No matter what happens, your Fort Lauderdale accident attorneys are here to help. Click here to contact us immediately.