Slip and Fall
Premises Liability, Slip & Fall and Negligent Security
Slip or trip-and-fall cases are a very common type of premises liability claim. Premises liability claims refer to accidents that happen when someone is hurt or injured due to an unsafe condition on another person’s property. Owners and tenants (of single family homes, condominiums, commercial buildings, residential rental buildings, parking lots, hotels, amusement parks, restaurants, schools, businesses, etc.) have a duty to provide a reasonably safe environment and to warn of any known dangers to prevent injury to those that visit the property.
Our law firm handles premises liability claims involving slip-and-falls, negligent security and trip-and-falls. We recommend that you consult with a lawyer experienced in handling premises liability cases before speaking to any insurance company adjuster or representative. Some of the common causes of premises liability lawsuits include:
- Wet floors, slippery surfaces, uneven floors, ripped carpeting, debris, etc.
- Ramps or stairs without handrails, guardrails or which are too steep
- Unsafe equipment
- Unsafe furnishings, stairways, ceilings, roofs
- Falling products from store shelves
- Chemical leaks/dangerous chemicals/inhalation
- Uneven elevator to floor landings
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of security (harm/injury/assault/violence)
- Building code violations
The attorneys at Abramowitz, Pomerantz & Morehead P.A. are experienced personal injury lawyers who have handled numerous premises liability actions. If you or someone you know has a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall claim resulting in injuries or death, our firm is available to analyze the situation and discuss the issues and strategies involved in bringing a claim. These include identifying the parties who own or control the property, analyzing the potential liability of the at-fault party, evaluating the amount of damages you may be entitled to and the potential for successfully collecting any damages awarded from the at-fault party or its insurer.
For more information or to discuss your potential premises liability claim, at no cost or obligation, contact us or call us at 954-572-7200. We welcome your inquiries.
Get the Compensation You Deserve With our Premises Liability Attorney
At Florida Injury Lawyers, our premises liability attorney can help residents of Florida get the compensation that they deserve if they have been injured on another person’s property. Therefore, if you or a loved one has been injured, let our law firm help you with your claim. We can help you by-
- Estimating the cost of the damages that were related to the accident
- Collecting evidence that will prove the property owner was liable for your losses
- Negotiating a settlement with the tenant, insurance company, or property owner
- Representing you in court if needed
Our attorneys have a great reputation and remarkable track record of settlements for premises liability cases. You can meet with us for a free consultation in regards to your specific incident.
To get in touch with one of our premises liability attorneys today, fill out the contact form on our website.
The Basics of a Premises Liability Lawsuit
Recently, legislation changes have set back the rights of slip and fall victims, making an experienced lawyer essential to securing a fair verdict or settlement in these types of cases. At our law firm, our lawyers understand the difficulties presented by these lawsuits. We have the resources that are needed to addresses these issues appropriately. In these accidents, we have the ability to prove liability cases have led many successful verdicts and settlements.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a slip and fall accident or similar incident, you should find a lawyer as quickly as possible. You or your loved one may be able to file a lawsuit for premises liability, and we can help!
Maximize Your Claim With our Premises Liability Lawyers
After an accident, you might not be sure how to handle cases. An attorney is hired to evaluate your claims and make the strongest case possible. With the proper documentation, you can increase your claim and make more money. This allows you to get the compensation you need to pay your medical and legal fees. Depending on the circumstances, it could also help you avoid more debt while you’re unable to work.
Not all premises liability claims go to court or get a settlement. One of the most important things to do is let lawyers investigate and establish negligence. To schedule your consultation with an attorney in our office, contact us today.
A premise liability attorney’s job is to represent your interests. Sometimes, this means not taking your case any further. Other times, it means preparing ahead of time for all the potential challenges. To get your case started, you can schedule your consultation with one of our associates today.
Who is Liable in Your Case?
In Fort Lauderdale, Florida along with the rest of the state, property owners have an obligation in place to keep their premises both secure and safe. By law, these owners have to fix any hazards that arise on their property and make sure that guests are warned of any dangers that are lurking. If the owner is negligent and someone gets injured on their property, our attorneys may be able to get them compensation for the losses gained due to the accident.
In the state of Florida, a property owner can be considered negligent if they knew about a hazard and either-
- Failed to repair it
- Did not provide a warning to others about the hazard
If you feel that you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of a property owner, let our lawyers examine your case for free today!
Types of Claims for Premises Liability Cases
The attorneys at our law firm can handle premises liability claims that involve the following scenarios:
- Accidents at swimming pool-If the pool is not protected by either a barrier or fence and an injury occurs due to this, the owner may be found liable.
- Slip and Fall Accidents-If a property owner fails to notify a victim of a hazard such as a wet floor, slippery surfaces, etc. -they may be held liable for your injury.
- Accidents that occur at amusement parks-These injuries can be minor or deadly, and even if a waiver was signed, a property owner might still be held liable.
- Assault caused by negligent security-Security must be provided if an area has a high crime rate, if you were attacked or injured in an area that lacks this required security, the property owner could be responsible for your injuries.
- Escalator or elevator accidents-If one of these malfunctioned, you may be able to file a claim against either the property owner or even the manufacturer.
If you have a similar scenario to one mentioned above, give us a call today. One of our attorneys may be able to help you get the compensation that you are entitled too.
Recovery in Premises Liability Claims
Our attorneys may be able to get compensation for the following-
- Medical bills
- Wages lost
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury on a property, you may be able to file a premises liability claim. Contact our premises liability attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, at Florida Injury Lawyers, at no cost to you, today to find out if you have a case.